LOCATE PST files on end user systems and network file servers.
MIGRATE to an archive, to a secure location or into Exchange.
ELIMINATE PST files to reduce risk, regain storage and cut costs.
PST Enterprise enables IT administrators to regain control over email data stored by end users in individual PST files and scattered across their organisation.
It can eliminate the risks associated with PST files as well as reducing ongoing costs and supporting IT requirements for Compliance and eDiscovery.
HOW CAN PST ENTERPRISE HELP?
PST files pose a significant challenge to many organisations today. Often used by end users as personal archives for email, they are scattered across end user systems and network storage and are not managed in a manner consistent with corporate email – if they are managed at all.
They constitute a hidden threat because they can exist outside the corporate environment, difficult to discover and even more difficult to search. As they are not usually backed up, they leave end users and the business vulnerable to data loss.
Because PST files do not comply with an organisation’s information management and compliance policies they also represent an ongoing legal risk to the organisation, as well as complicating any eDiscovery processes.
New features in recent versions of Microsoft Exchange provide the ability to retain archived email centrally. End users no longer have a need to store email locally within PST files, however many continue to rely on this.
C2C’s PST Enterprise addresses the challenge of PST files by discovering them wherever they are located across the organisation, and then migrating the data contained within back into their corporate email environment. It is a highly scalable solution that is suitable for the largest enterprises as well as smaller organisations.
BUSINESS BENEFITS OF PST ENTERPRISE
Regain control of email:
- Identify all email stored across the organisation
- Centralise storage and backup, and reduce support costs
Reduce legal and corporate risks:
- Make all information visible and accessible
- Protect against end user data loss
Ensure compliance and information security:
- Implement robust data retention and defensible deletion policies
- Support eDiscovery and eDisclosure requests
PST ENTERPRISE ENABLES YOU TO
Systematically locate PST files across your organisation without end‑user intervention.
Automatically determine and assign an owner for each PST file.
Centralise PST Files
Copy or move PST files to specified network locations.
Remove old or expired data from within PST files.
Ingest data from PST files in-place directly into Exchange.
Delete PST Files
Disconnect PST files from the Outlook profile, and then delete them.
HOW DOES PST ENTERPRISE WORK?
Locating PST Files
- PST files are located and processed automatically regardless of their status, across end user systems as well as on network file servers.
- No client software is installed to discover and migrate PST files, as PST Enterprise runs in the background in memory on each target system.
- If any PST files discovered are not attached to an Outlook profile, an owner for each
file will be determined automatically by analysing the file and data within it.
Processing PST Files
- Files are processed directly from their original location, even if they are open in Outlook. The single‑stage migration process in PST Enterprise means files are not copied to a central server first, so network traffic is kept to a minimum.
- Data within PST files can be migrated into live or archive mailboxes in Exchange, or into a third‑party archive solution. PST files can also be copied or moved to a selected location.
- Original folder structures within PST files are maintained during data migration,
minimizing the impact on end users.
- PST migration and copy operations can be limited to process only data that falls within specified date ranges, allowing administrators to manage the amount of historical data transferred from each file in line with their data retention policy. Data that falls out of range can be permanently deleted if needed.
- Once migration has completed, PST files can be disconnected from Outlook, and can
also be compacted or deleted if required.
Managing the Operation
- Deployments can scale right up to enterprise level, making the solution suitable for the largest organisations.
- Built‑in rate controls, processing windows and threshold settings allow administrators to manage the load on their networks, minimising the impact on on-going operations and end‑user productivity.
- The self‑service portal is a configurable option that enables end-users to decide how their own PST files are processed.
FEATURE BENEFITS OF PST ENTERPRISE
- Non-invasive solution with no client software installed
- Fully automated and centrally managed operation
- Highly scalable and suitable for enterprise-level use
- Supports all recent Exchange versions
- Discovers all PST files regardless of location and state
- Comprehensive retention management and data deletion capabilities
- Automatically determines data ownership
- Disconnects and deletes files after migration
- Impact on network traffic and end-user productivity is minimised
- Optional end-user self-service features included
PST Enterprise Datasheet
F500 Insurance Services
View Case study
PST Enterprise and Microsoft’s PST Capture Comparison
A Hybrid Story: Cloud Storage and Email Archiving
Archiving as an Out of Term IT Project
Love It, Loathe It or Leverage It … What’s Your Cloud Strategy?
Archiving Versus Migration – Why You Should Consider Archiving Before Migration
3 Reasons to Archive
What Are Your Obligations to Retain Email and Other Electronic Content?
eDISCOVERY & INVESTIGATION
Does Poor Email Management Put Organisations at Risk
How Email Management Protects Public Entities from Risk
How Can C2C Help You?
Request a personalised demo to see how C2C can help optimise your organisation’s messaging environment.
Please take a minute to complete the form below. We’ll contact you to understand more about the issues you face and what you are trying to achieve before arranging a personalised demonstration at your convenience.